Saturday, December 16, 2017

Book Nostalgia

This time of year always makes me feel nostalgic. The decorations, the food, the traditions...All of it gets me in that weird mindset.

One thing that always stands out to me is the weird nostalgia I have with books this time of year. I always feel this weird urge to read all of the Harry Potter books again during the Christmas season, then go and watch all of the movies.
Maybe it's because that's what I did as a kid and teen during winter break. Or, it's because I was always jealous of the fantastic way that the Holiday season was described in the series.

One other book series that always gets me in the holiday mood is The Chronicles of Narnia. I'm not sure if it's because the whole setting is just snowy at the start or what it is.


Besides some of the books I have to review, I think I might pick up one of these series again this week.

Are there any series of books, or a random stand alone, that you have a weird nostalgia over during the Holidays?

1 comment:

  1. Yes for some reason Potter is part of the holiday season here too. We used to go see the movie on release day and devour the books at midnight, but now we marathon the movies and this year I am listening to the books on audio.

    ReplyDelete