Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Review: A Demon Made Me Do It by Penelope King



At first I really didn't think I was going to enjoy this book. It seemed like it was slow going and I just couldn't connect with the characters. After a good portion was read (probably 25%) I finally started to enjoy the story. There were just some issues with the characters that I couldn't get past; the names were just not typical teenager names and that bothered me.

I pushed past the names though, and I am so very glad that I did! Once the story got going I really enjoyed this book.

Liora is your typical teenager; she goes to high school, sits through dull classes, and has issues making friends. That all seems good and normal, except that is only her during the day. At night Liora turns into Lucky, a justice demon out for vengence.

When Liora was a little girl who two best friends were brutally murdered by the Amazea demons. Her soul was shattered into two; her human half rules the daytime and her demon half rules the night. At night Lucky hunts for the demons that split her soul and murdered her friends, although what she doesn't realize is that she isn't the only one...


There's a love triangle in this book, and I love me some love triangles! Lucky's best friend is named Bones, and he's an incubus/hellhound mix. The other man in the picture is the new kid in town, Kieron. The love triangle gets very interesting, but I can't go into too much detail because it will ruin it for you!


Overall I really did enjoy this book. I wouldn't say that it was something that I'm jumping up and down in my seat over though. I hope that in the next book, Fire with Fire, I can see a reason to get all giddy over the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment