Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Review: Dreaming Awake by Gwen Hayes



Dreaming Awake is the sequel to Falling Under. In this installment Theia is brought back from Under by her friends; Amelia, and Donny. The psychic named Varnie helps with bringing her back, and he has a much more significant role in this book. Now that Theia is back in Serendipity Falls, things seem out of place and just don't feel right for her. She is really struggling with adjusting back to a 'normal life', and her father's lack of caring isn't helping her much.

Hayden was the one thing that kept her going, and now we see that their relationship could be deadly. There are a ton of twists and turns in this book, and it's a little hard to write a good review without giving away spoilers- so I'm being extra careful.

When the kids are Theia's school start acting sick she starts to think that something is going on. The darkness seems to be following her everywhere and it just seems to be getting worse. Little does she know, she will have to face a lot worse than darkness in her near future.

I loved this book, so much more than the first one. The characters go through a sort of 'coming of age' I guess you could say. They become more developed and each have their own strong personalities. The relationship and tension between Theia an Haden reaches new levels and it just makes you want to scream into the pages of this book.

The writing style is beautifully done, and very well developed. It was fluid and easy to read, but at the same time the vocabulary was there. I read this book in about a day once I really got going in it. I'm not sure if that is because it was just easy to read, or if I just got absorbed into the story. Either way, it was well worth my time!

I can't wait for the next book in this series, there are so many unanswered questions! I wasn't expecting it to end the way it did, and now I really want to know what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment