Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Review: Finding Alice by Andrea Digiglio



Alice has grown up in the system living in foster home after foster home. Each family was different and each caused her to learn about the harsh realities of the world. Abuse runs rampant in her past, and when she finally finds a home where she feels loved her foster parent's end up pregnant with their own child. She sees the love for this unborn child and knows she can never stand up to it and decides to take off.

Fast forward a bit and we find our heroine living on her own and settling down in a town she is now considering home. This town is of all places; Hell, Michigan. She has a house all her own, even though it might be a bit creepy, it's still her's. And, Alice even has a great job at a bar that she loves.

Classes have started and she begins going to them like a good student does. Everything seems fine and normal until the first day of her religion class where this mysterious boy walks in. Her whole life changes from here on out, and reality itself is shaken.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and can't wait until the next one is out! The story kept me intrigued the whole time, and kept me guessing. I love books that are about fallen angels, demons, or anything like that. So, this was right up my alley! There was plenty of fallen angels to be had, and this made me a very happy bookaholic.

Andrea does a great job at developing her characters, especially Alice's character. Alice is a very strong, independent, and well developed character. I could have been a bit happier if Cole and a few of the other lead characters were better developed. I feel like they were a bit shadowed and thrown into the background, but maybe the next books will make up for that.

The plot line was great, and very suspenseful. I could not put the book down once it took off because it was so fast paced! I love that about this book, and I hope that Andrea can keep up this same speed with the next one.

I am also a huge fan of the religious ideas and the take on fallen angels in this book. It's good to see a different perspective on the mythology behind this, and they way that Andrea made her readers connect with the fallen angels is just spectacular.

This is a great read for the fallen angel, nephilim fan out there and I highly recommend it! After all, how many books are based around a city called Hell (that actually exists)?

No comments:

Post a Comment